Has the idea of earning passive income from YouTube without creating and uploading videos crossed your mind? If yes, then this YouTube Secrets review is for you.
The idea of earning money on YouTube by uploading videos is not foreign to a lot of people nowadays. An online marketing program called YouTube Secrets claims that its possible to earn $10,000 per month without creating online video content.
Did the idea baffle you? Well, you’re not the only one.
The concept where you feed off someone’s work, time and effort does not look plausible. But admit it, did the idea leave you curious and interested? Can’t blame you.
If you are interested to know whether YouTube Secrets is yet another scam, read on and let’s discuss this in more detail.
Name: YouTube Secrets
Year Founded: 2017
Owner: Mike Williams
Price: $27 per month or $7 for a 1-week trial
What is YouTube Secrets?
The training course consists of step-by-step video tutorials to help you understand how the concept works. It also includes resources covering various topics about YouTube marketing that you can access anytime you want.
For example, you can get an eBook about marketing methods used by successful online entrepreneurs. It also has a video containing tips and tricks on how to build your own video channel.
To give you an idea, below is a list of titles for each video in the course:
- How to edit videos and add free music
- How to write descriptions with keywords
- Benefits of using thumbnails
- How to analyze video statistics
- How to earn more views
- Compelling ways to message your audience/subscribers
- How to set up an account on YouTube
Apart from that, the program also provides tools that you can use to help you to maximize your efforts. Say, if writing descriptions is not something you are good at, you can use a device called YouTube Captions instead. It will help you add captions as well as transcripts that, of course, will suit your content’s theme.
If you would like to learn more—especially social media management—YouTube Secrets offers an upsell too. As mentioned, the course is about how to handle online platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram effectively.
Who is it for?
Essentially, YouTube Secrets is for individuals whose passion is about video creation. Or anyone who wants to learn how to use YouTube to earn passive income. It is also helpful to people who wish to extend their marketing efforts by sharing videos and making it viral.
If you want to use this, you have to take note that most of the tools and resources included in the platform are outdated. Although they do help, you will have to find new sources about YouTube’s new updates and algorithms.
Simply put, you will most likely look for new books and studies. And I think that’s time-consuming and unfair given that you paid for the course.
What’s inside YouTube Secrets?
The program has enough video training, resources and tools to get you started on our journey as an online entrepreneur. To provide you a full grasp of how each section can help you, below are the tools you can take advantage of.
1. Step-by-step video training. This is the most crucial aspect of the program: the video training. In this section, you will get a total of 31 lessons that explains the basic and advanced aspects of YouTube marketing.
Mike Williams will teach you how to make videos, as well as how and where to edit them. You will also learn where to get free music to make your videos more engaging and interesting. It will also guide you on elements that are banned by Google AdSense. That way, you will be able to leverage your earnings further.
The quality and the site’s interface is not appealing and aesthetically pleasing. I know its only $27 a month so you can probably let that go. But if you’re teaching about creating engaging videos, I think it should start with the course.
2. Tools and resources. This part of YouTube Secrets is more like an assistant. It is a comprehensive list of online devices and sites that can help you with challenging tasks.
It is in fact, recommended for newbies considering that it includes tools to make videos. In short, it makes your work easier.
There are over 20 tools on the list. Here are the tasks you can complete using them:
- Sync two videos while playing them side-by-side
- Cut an interesting or funny part of a YouTube video and share it
- Adding captions and transcripts
- Merging two or more YouTube videos
- Download YouTube videos on your desktop
- Build an SEO-optimized video content
3. Membership and upsells. To access all perks of YouTube Secrets offer, you have to pay a fixed monthly subscription of $27. Once the payment is complete, you can use all the tools immediately. It also has a free 7-day trial which only costs $1.
For an online program with an outdated user interface, I suppose $27 is not bad. The 31 lessons, hacks, resources, and tools are quite useful to compensate the price. It has email support too, in case you encounter a problem accessing the site.
However, YouTube Secrets renders upsells that they don’t mention upfront. It’s disappointing because once you open that section, you will be automatically charged $28. And in my opinion, this one looks like a trap.
Fortunately, it only costs $28. Still, the creators should have at least mentioned or created a prompt that will warn the customer about the upsell.
4. Social media secrets. The upsell mentioned above is called Social Media Secrets. It is a series of video lessons that include best practices and techniques to monetize social media. Here are a few of the topics you will find inside the course:
- What is lead generation and how to do it
- How to market your product using email
- How to grow your following on YouTube
The product is undoubtedly helpful if you want to leverage your efforts. However, this is an entirely new topic from the first course which includes everything about YouTube.
So if you are a beginner and you want to focus on creating and optimizing videos, this upsell is useless.
5. Support. YouTube Secrets also has a support system for people who might encounter a problem in the future. While it is helpful, the downside is that it is limited.
For instance, you can only reach out to them by filling out a contact form—particularly for the following:
- Request for refunds
- Immediate cancellation of membership
- General inquiries like lost password
Pros and Cons
The platform has flaws and is lacking in some aspects. Here is a list of its benefits and disadvantages:
- You can try it for 7 days and it only costs $1
- There are 31 video lessons on video creation and YouTube marketing
- It has a 60-day money-back guarantee policy
- It includes tools and helpful resources
- It has a copyright issue
- The user interface is outdated and most of the tools are outdated as well
- Upsell is not related to video creation or YouTube marketing
- Upsell products are unnecessary
- $27 is quite a lot for an outdated online course
Is it worth the investment?
Nowadays, monetizing video content through YouTube can be a lucrative online business. As such, there are a lot of YouTube experts, marketers, and online platforms that provide FREE training. It’s not just YouTube Secrets.
And the thing is, those online courses are free and updated unlike YouTube Secrets. So if you want to maximize your time studying video production and marketing, its best that you don’t subscribe to YouTube Secrets. It will save you time and money.
The training, tools and resources in YouTube Secrets are helpful if you’re just starting out. The problem is, most of them are outdated and don’t quite suit YouTube’s algorithm and new tools. There are also rumors that the platform is just a clone of a less popular website.
Apart from that, there are FREE courses available on the internet today. And they are usually up to date. That said, the monthly payment—especially the upsells—and the entirety of the product is slightly off and disappointing.
>> Learn more about: Introduction to YouTube Marketing <<
You can try Wealthy Affiliate for FREE and for less than $1 per day you can become a premium member. You can get access to all the training, weekly live classes, keyword research platform, and be able to leverage support and mentoring with some of the industry experts.
I hope you enjoyed reading this YouTube Secrets review. If you have any questions or any feedback, please leave them below and I will be more than happy to help.